Hi guys! Have I got some stuff for YOU! I found some incredible things at my local dollar tree this week and I can’t help but share. First, be aware that the SPRING COLORS are out! Yes!!! So all those gorgeous greens, terrific teals and awesome oranges are out! Not to mention the hot pink. So if you have favorite organization staples, go check out your Dollar Tree.
Ok, here’s what I’ve been finding that just amazed me.
1. Portable File boxes!!! YESSSSS! I’ve been looking for something like this forever. I got rid of my big desk in my office, which means I got rid of my storage (wonk wonk). But Dollar Tree came to my rescue! Here’s what these bad boys look like.
Awesome, right? And even though I thought it wouldn’t be that big, this box is spacious! It measures approximately 10¼x12¼x6″ and has a flip top lid.
I am currently housing 19 file folders in here. About half are empty, but STILL! 19 folders and only about HALF are empty! The box is still only half full!! This is a steal at $1. Now, I will say this: they go a bit far in the description when they say the box is so sturdy that it makes hauling a load of files around easy. Ummm….NO. I tore mine when I was trying it out. So I would not suggest using the holes provided. It’s just not THAT sturdy. Or maybe I had too much in mine (I was doing taxes ).
So, you guys know how I cam. I’m not going to leave this box like it is. My office is black, white & gold. So cardboard will never do. I found this lovely black & white floral contact paper (that on anything else I would have hated) and covered the box. Voila!
I am in love! I can put all my stuff in it and still have a ton of space. I had to make one last upgrade. I went all Pinterest on my box…BAM! The attached calendar!
I bought 2, so I may just use the other for tax storage. I may or may not cover the box. It depends on where I’ll put it. Anyway, on to the next fabulous find!
2. I don’t know about you, but growing up, there was always one of these foot tubs around. That’s not what they call them at Dollar Tree, though. They call them dish tubs. You’ll find them by the kitchen utensils. We use them to soak our feet! We each have our own chair in the sitting area of our bedroom. After a long day, nothing’s better than pulling out that foot tub for a 30 minute soak! It’s also great for those DIY pedicures or when you have a cut on the bottom of your foot that you want to sanitize. Alas, they only come in white. But they fit wonderfully under a wing back chair! With just enough space for a pair of slippers and a rolled up towel for your next tootsie soak.
3. Dollar Tree has really stepped it up with their towels. These microfiber towels have burst on the scene in different patterns and colors. We started upgrading our kitchen and I jumped all over these windowpane microfiber bar towels. We only needed about 6 to have enough. Then we found out they had dish cloths too! Be still my heart!!
Oh, they also have striped towels in vibrant colors for spring and summer. I took two green ones (remember my bathroom makeover? Part I & Part II) and sewed them along the edge. I put it in the bathroom as a guest towel. Why? Well, let’s just say that a regular hand towel would take a beating in the guest bath. The kids refused to put it back the way they found it! So instead of banishing them, I made the towel so they can’t take it off, but it’s long enough for them to reach. I swear, it looked like they were shooting hoops with the thing. And missing. Horribly.
3. Now check this out. Dollar Tree has come out with dishcloths with scrubbies on one side!!! My husband fell head over heels. I didn’t. I hate washing dishes. I mean I’d cry even if you paid me to do dishes. Ah, the scars of being an only child! Anyway, on to #4.
Bonus tip: You can make it a complete set! But I’d steer clear of the pot holders. Get the silicone kind instead. I burnt the ham sandwich out of myself one day with the pot holders. But if you want to use them, they’re great as trivets.
<—bad pot holders! good pot holders!—–>
4. Bandaids. I’m usually not wowed by bandages, but these were a pleasant surprise! I’d been looking for those hospital grade bandaids for the little wiggly people who live in this house (husband included) and I’ve found them at a reasonable price! I really like these because they’re fabric. The adhesive is ridiculous! They’re like the ones the nurses give you. You know! The ones that take 2 or 3 days for the glue to come off. But that wound was covered and safe! So if you need some, give these a try. They have a ton of different ones in varying sizes and counts.
Ok, well, that’s all for this installment. I have 2 other Dollar Tree reviews coming up. My favorite is how to start your own business using Dollar Tree items. Man, for about $20-$25 you could be fully stocked with office supplies, for a fraction of what you’d pay at an office supply store or Wally World! So stay tuned. Oh, let me know if there’s something you’re wondering about that I haven’t mentioned in my posts. I want to be sure the info I share is helpful and relates to YOUR life! Until next time, try not to kill your kids!