This week is gonna be something else. It’ll be the first time in a year that I have my days off back. Yes, A YEAR, PEOPLE!! It’s been a year since I opened my own jewelry store (The Jewelry Lady). Since I’m shifting my hours from 12p-2p to 5p-7p, it opens the entire day back up for me. Instead of cramming 15 tasks into about 2 hours, I have all day! So it’s great! But I don’t want to fool myself. There’s sure to be an adjustment period where things feel weird, are much different and make me wonder if it’s worth the change in the first place. But isn’t that the case with many great changes? It reminds me of cleaning out a closet: it’s gonna look worse before it starts looking better, but the end result is SOOO worth it!
Here are some tips:
1. Pace yourself. Know your temperament and set yourself up for success, not failure. Don’t overwhelm yourself, then beat yourself up when you don’t meet a goal that was crazy in the first place.
2. Look back at your progress and celebrate it. Whether it’s taking a nap, having a cookie or splurging on a major want, be sure to note the occasion with a treat. Be good to yourself!
3. Don’t be afraid to reach out or get an accountability partner. Just be sure they’ll be honest with you, push you, but not condemn or abuse you. You need a helper, not a harmer.
4. Pray. Then pray some more. God is good for giving shortcuts, advice and even ways of escape. Use them!!
5. Be grateful. Whether this is something you asked for, planned for (or not), be glad that change is coming. Remember, change is often a good thing!
Finally, take deep breaths. Don’t flip out or flake out. Make your “to do” lists, set easy, accessible goals & pat yourself on the back from time to time. You can do it!
So if you’re going through a big adjustment, be sure to encourage yourself in the process. Speak life and know that God works all things together for them that love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. It may look/feel/sound crazy now, but the process is worth the success!
Have a great day!